Do I need to grant a user workspace access for him to access one of my board?

Ching Ching Lee April 13, 2022

Hi, 

I'm engaging a freelancer in for one of my project and I only want him to see the project board. Is it possible not to grant him workspace access?

Thank you

Ching Ching

1 answer

1 vote
Tasha H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2022

Hi Ching Ching,

You do not need to add your freelancer as a workspace member in order for them to work on the project board. Standard or Premium workspace users have the ability to add temporary collaborators as a board guest. I hope this helps, happy collaborating!

Tasha from Atlassian

Anna Saraceno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2022

@Ching Ching Lee I will add that the Workspace guest role is also available in free Workspaces, not just paid Workspaces.

A Workspace guest is purely what you’re asking for: A user you add to one or more boards in your Workspace, but you don’t add them as a member of your Workspace.

If the Workspace is a free Workspace, all guests are free, regardless of how many Workspace boards you add them to.

If the Workspace is paid (Standard, Premium, Enterprise), guests on only one Workspace board aren’t billed for, but if a guest is added to two or more boards in the Workspace, they become a billable member of the Workspace.

I hope this is helpful! The support doc linked above provides a lot of helpful details as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events