Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a separat Trello account for using it in Confluence?

Deleted user November 7, 2018

Hi

I wanted to start working with trello in my business team. As I already have a trello account this is not the problem. 

In our business we use Confluence and I added a useful trello board to a confluence page. Now I am not sure:

1. Does everybody who can see this page see the trello board, even if they have no trello account and the board is only set free to members of a special team.
  2. Does everybody need a trello account for editing the cards on the trelloboard from out of the confluence page? Or are they able to use their Atlassian Account for this?

Many thanks for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Those are really good questions! The embedded board in Confluence will behave as it would in Trello. That means that:

1. The board will only be seen by users who're board members if the board's visibility is set to Private. If Public, the board can be seen by any user, even if they don't have a Trello account.
  2.  Yes, as they'll need to be members of the board in order to add cards and change information in them.

There's more information on how to change the visibility of a board here: https://secure.helpscout.net/conversation/703445512/417257?folderId=1435539

I hope that helps!

Deleted user November 21, 2018

Hi Marta

Thanks for your answer. Do you know if Atlassian is planning something like a "login with your Atlassian Account" feature? This would be great.

😊👋

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events