Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable label suggestions

Martin S October 4, 2019

Hello,

is it possible to disable label suggestions? The feature does nothing more than add another list of labels, which makes it confusing to use especially once you get your label positions into muscle memory and end up clicking on the wrong thing. Also, it can be a bit difficult to notice the "suggested" and "labels" headers on smaller screens, making the label lists even more confusing. Especially if you are in a hurry and trying to get things done. Aka the main reason to use Trello in the first place. It might be handy to see suggestions if you have dozens upon dozens of labels, but if you have around 10 labels, the suggestions are completely pointless.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin S October 8, 2019

Hi folks,

I have got a reply from support just moments ago. They cannot remove users from testing features, but suggestions are now a core feature. That also means it can be disabled in the Trello account settings. Here is the screencap

suggestions.png

codopront August 3, 2021

Thanks. Would be nice if I didn't have to spend 5 minutes googling how to do that 😂

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Where do you see label suggestions? When I add a card and click labels, I just see my open list of labels I've created.... no specific suggestions.

Martin S October 4, 2019

I see it exactly where you described. Click on the card, click on labels and there it is. Here is a screencap of what I see.

Image 138.png

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Oh interesting - this must be a new feature they are beta testing because I definitely don't see that on my cards. Feel free to email support@trello.com and they can probably remove you from that test.

Martin S October 4, 2019

perfect. I will give that a go. Thank you. Will let you know how I get on. By the way, the suggestions seem to appear only in the Trello desktop app. They don't appear in the browser version of Trello. Using browser access might seem like an obvious workaround, but unfortunately it's not in my case for few specific reasons.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2019

Ah interesting! Good to know. I don't use the Desktop App often, so that's probably why I haven't seen it. Support should be able to help you out!

If you found this answer helpful, would you mind accepting it so others in the community know it's been addressed? Thanks!

Martin S October 4, 2019

Sure thing. I will flag it as answered based on the response I get from the support team.

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2019

@Martin S I don't mind the suggestions, but they hide when you start typing something which is a faster way to apply a label anyway, ie. hit the "L" key, type the first letter of the label name, hit enter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events