Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop notifications not working

Amy Tuffin February 19, 2020

This is driving me crazy! I would like to see a desktop notification for a due date on a trello card and have tried all manner of ways to get it working. I am getting email notifications for some (not all) of my due dates and they appear on my Trello home page, but so far only one has triggered a desktop pop-up. I have tried the following:

- allowing notifications on Chrome

- watching/not watching the card (I am a member on all of them)

- having trello open/closed, on the card/not on the card

- setting the due date for today/tomorrow and setting the reminder for  5 mins/24 hrs/at time of due date etc

I can't make head nor tail of the logic behind the notifications and I've scoured the web looking for answers. Please help!!!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

When u say desktop notifications do you mean an independent pop up window or simply have the notifications bell in the upper right of the Trello screen turn red? I use the Mac app and the later works fine there. I can have a look at the browser variant. 

Amy Tuffin February 19, 2020

Hi Jack thanks for your response! I mean an independent pop-up window.

The bell has turned red for some of my reminders but not others, but like I say it's the desktop reminder I'm after. I want to be able to see reminders for Trello items when I don't actually have Trello open in front of me, for example if I'm working in another application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events