Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a card without having to archive first.

Dawn Caraway July 31, 2020

I have always been able to delete a card without having to archive first. In fact I still am able to delete without having to archive while using my phone. However, when I try with my iPad, I am required to archive first before given the option to delete. AE9A217F-9409-4499-A152-BDAFA86CF314.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Hi @Dawn Caraway 

I think this is specific to the Android app - on the iOS apps (iPhone / iPad) you need to archive then delete like on the web browser.

This isn't a new feature either as far as I'm aware, it's been like that for quite some time.

Ste

Dawn Caraway August 1, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to answer. And I have to say that I’m surprised that more people are not complaining about this. It IS a new thing. I have always been given the option to delete or archive. My muscle memory still prompts me to delete and I don’t have the option until after archiving.  And, as seen in the picture, my phone continues to give me both options. But about 2 weeks ago, my iPad stopped giving me the option to delete until after I archive. It’s pretty frustrating. I could just archive, but, then I’d feel like old have to go in my archives periodically and delete from there. Just another unnecessary step. 

Otherwise, I love this app!!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2020

Hi @Dawn Caraway 

Is your phone Android or OSX? My iPhone doesn't have the option to delete or archive - it follows the same deletion path as the web browser.

The intent of archive then delete is to ensure users don't accidentally delete cards - as deletion is permanent, whilst archives can be restored. I think that makes sense in a lot of cases.

Ste

Thanks again Stephen. Are you able to view the picture I included with my original post? I included it so that it would be clear what I am able to do on my phone. It is an IPhone, IOS. And you can see that there is an option to archive OR delete. Before 2 weeks ago, my ipad was the same. I did not have to archive before deleting. That changed 2 weeks ago. I realize it makes sense for some people, but I dislike the extra step. I suppose I’ll get used to it. 

And I still think its odd that it changed on my iPad, not my phone. It just occurred to me that I just upgraded to the 2020 IPad Pro from a 2018 version. So maybe that had something to do with it. 

I still love the app. Thanks for hanging in there and helping me think this through. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2020

Hi @Dawn Caraway 

It could be based on which iPhone / OSX you are running - or which version of Trello you have on your phone.

You can check which version you're running in case this is an older version by:

1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > iPhone Storage
  2. Locate Trello in the app list and click into it
  3. View the version in the top area

^ I'm using the version 2020.9.1 - if you're using an older verison, it might be delete is still available as a direct action within it, but when you update it it might not be.

It might also be worth reaching out to Trello support to see if this is specific to a version, OSX or iPhone model, just so you know for future reference. Trello support can be reached via: https://trello.com/en-AU/contact#/

Ste

That’s exactly it! I’m still running the older version on my phone. 2019.12.1. And the app must have updated to the latest version on my iPad when I got the new device. 

OK. Now I know I’m not crazy. Thanks again. 

Like Hans Lawalata likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events