Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields

stephen_weller October 7, 2021

I have added a custom field using the text option however the box to enter the text is tiny.  Is there a way to expand it?

3 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

There is no long text custom field option, unfortunately :( it would be cool to see some other field types released in the feature, so if this one is important to you, I'd reach out to Trello directly with a feature request. In the meantime, the description of the card would be the place to go to enter anything that's longer than a few words.

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Hi @stephen_weller 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately the text box is pre-sized by Trello and is unable to be altered. The Trello article Suvradip points to will help walk you through custom fields in a bit more detail for future use but does not include the capabilities you seek.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2021

Hi @stephen_weller ,

Could you please check this trello guide - 

https://help.trello.com/article/1067-using-custom-fields and a field name can be up to 25 characters ?

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events