Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field

Larry August 5, 2020

I have added a custom field....in our case PERSON TO BE INTERVIEWED. The problem is you cant see enough of the field....is there a way to make the field area bigger?

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

Huh, just asked myself this 2 days ago.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Larger-scalable-text-box-for-Custom-Fields/qaq-p/1448319

My solution only works for the one applying it though.. so kinda useless in collaboration. Basically adds some CSS magic using a 3rd party chrome extension to stretch out the custom field area.

Raegan's solution of basically copying it to a more visible place like the title/descriptionbox/comment/label(?) via Butler etc might be more useful if its a team thing.

0 votes
Raegan Fordemwalt August 5, 2020

Making the custom field name shorter will show more of the text in a text custom field. Something you can try is creating a Butler command that makes whatever you put in the field a label or in the title of the card, so it is more visible from the outside.

For example:
"when custom field "PERSON TO BE INTERVIEWED" is set to "{*}", add the green "{wildcard1}" label to the card"

Larry August 20, 2020

The length doesnt affect -- because its on top of the field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events