Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom board background dimensions

laura.blundell July 10, 2022

Hi Team,

I want to create a branded custom background for our internal company boards via custom board backgrounds. 

I find it hard to get the dimensions right so the background looks right (not stretched, blurry etc).

Is there any way to understand what the right dimensions of an image needs to be? 

1 answer

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2022

Hey Laura!

First of all, welcome to the Atlassian community! I hope you're enjoying your stay so far.

That's a complicated answer, but I'll try my best to explain it. The way Trello works with board backgrounds is admittedly a bit complicated. The part of Trello responsible for handling board backgrounds behaves differently depending on the image size you upload.

And so, I've talked with some of the developers responsible for the backgrounds. They recommend cropping and scaling your image to the exact browser dimensions you use when using Trello. This will ensure the background image will fit perfectly on the board background.

To determine the image dimensions, you should use for your board background, follow these steps:

1. Set your browser window to the size you want it to be when you use Trello. For example, if you usually use Trello full screen, make your browser window full screen.
  2. Go to http://supportdetails.com/ and note the "Browser Size" value. This represents the Width x Height you'll want to create your image.
  3. In your favorite image editing tool, crop and scale the image the match (or get close to) the browser size you noted above. It doesn't need to be an exact match.

This should put you in the right direction to create your custom board backgrounds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events