Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a button using Butler- not seeing my trello boards

Derek Ralston October 30, 2020

I created a Trello team and have 2 boards connected to it. On one board, I am using Butler and trying to create a button that copies cards from one board to the other... When I go to configure the button, and make it "copy cards", I can't see the board I want to copy them to in the dropdown (the other board for this team). I've tried typing the board name out into the dialog box for "on board ____", or looking at the autopopulated list... Neither works.Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 3.16.46 PM.pngAll I see is a bunch of boards I haven't used in a long time. I checked with my coworker, and they are able to see the correct board. What could I be doing wrong here?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Derek Ralston November 2, 2020

Workaround: I made the board I want to copy to's title start with "1", so it shows up now on the list.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

@Derek Ralston ,

You need to have the access/permission to use butler rules on the board! 

The access need to be a board admin to add butler rules to a board!

Thanks @Soumyadeep Mandal , I am a board admin for both of the boards. Maybe this is just a bug in Trello's Butler functionality?

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2020

Hi @Derek Ralston ,

Basically, it is showing all the boards that you have access to. 

Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't see the board I am looking for. Do I have to give the board special permissions to show up here?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events