Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I automaticly archive the list after X days after creation?

Agnieszka Milewska June 5, 2023

Can I archive a list automatically after a certain number of days from its creation?

Hi, I have the following issue: on our board, I have tasks set up with lists where each day a new list is created, moving tasks from "Today's tasks" to a new list called "Completed (date)". Is it possible to use automation to archive old lists that were created, for example, more than a month ago?

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2023

There doesn't seem to be an automation that can trigger off of List creation. And modifying Lists is something only available to Board Buttons and Scheduled Automations.

Luckily, Scheduled Automations should work for your example, and because you include a date in the list name, you can archive a specific date by name, ensuring it stays Completed for X number of days before getting archived.

If you set that up to trigger daily, then you could have it target the lists by name. For instance if it triggers today, it could aim to archive the list named "Completed 30/05/23", which is exactly 7 days ago. So in the input box where you type in the list name, put "Completed {date-7d}". Replacing {date} with whatever date variable you're using.

If you want to look in to it further: applying arithmetic to dates

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events