Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy comments from card to linked card creates circular reference

Axel Hoga March 17, 2021

Good morning,

I have searched for a similar topic here, but found nothing.

Our structure is so, that we have a Department Board and every staff have his own Board, but with a label on a card in an User's Board, it copied the card to the Department Board and link both together.

Now we would like to copy all comments from one card to the linked card. The rule is easy, but it creates a circular reference.

I can comment on my card and this should be copy to Department Board. My Head of Department comment the card in Department Board and this should be copy to my card,

Now every copy copy again to another card and this copy copied back to the other card and so on. After three - four times Trello said to me, that my rule can't be execute because it creates an Error.

I would like to know how can I create a rule, that all comments copied only one time.

I hope this is understandable.

Best regards,

Axel

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

@Axel Hoga 

I don't think you should use Butler to sync cards. Try Unito. Also use BenkoBoard if you can work with links instead.

Axel Hoga March 17, 2021

Thanks @milynnus for your comment. We try to use Unito between Jira and Trello. May be is it a good idea to check Unito for Trello <> Trello Syncs.

Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hey @Axel Hoga , Unito employee here! You can use Unito for Trello-Trello as @milynnus said! Check out our Mirror Power Up, and let me know if you have any questions :) 

Like Axel Hoga likes this
1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

@Axel Hoga Mirroring what SGi Admin said - Unito would be the way to go to create this workflow. I'd be happy to help guide you on how to build it in Unito if you need!

0 votes
Axel Hoga March 17, 2021

Good morning,

today our IT Department has a call with Cody from Unito to discuss the sync between Jira <> Trello and I give some question about Trello <> Trello sync.

Thank you very much for the honory opinion.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events