Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy checklist with only not-completed items

Subhash Dike July 17, 2018

I use the Copy Checklist option while creating a new checklist on a card. However when I select copy checklist then it copies everything that's on the previous checklist even the items which I had marked as completed. 

I use this for daily tasks at hand, and this problem requires me to keep removing items everytime I copy.

1 answer

0 votes
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

Thanks for your message Subhash!

Yes, that's the expected behavior at the moment. I'll let my team know you'd be interested in having only unselected items copied, instead of the checklist as a whole. What I can recommend for now, is that you use the Card Repeater Power-Up, which will create a new card on your board on a recurring basis. You can add a checklist template there with only the items that need to be copied every time. Would that be helpful? You can add Power-Ups from your board's menu, by clicking on the "Power-Ups" button.

Cheers!

Subhash Dike July 19, 2018

Thanks Marta for the response. The Repeater power-up seems to be powerful. It does help getting the card repeated automatically. I am not able to find a documentation about how to use checklist template so if you can help with that? But from the description sounds like it would be helpful for repetitive things, whereas I am more interested in things that I added just yesterday to my TO-DO and couldn't finish so those should be available on the next day card along with any new items I may want to add. It would be great if that feature can be added. I will look forward for that.

Great job by the team on making trello super duper so far!

Sujith July 27, 2020

Hey @Marta Galofre de Alos Is this functionality up yet, I am really having a hard time editing all the unwanted items in the copy cards I create

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events