• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy checklist with only not-completed items

I use the Copy Checklist option while creating a new checklist on a card. However when I select copy checklist then it copies everything that's on the previous checklist even the items which I had marked as completed. 

I use this for daily tasks at hand, and this problem requires me to keep removing items everytime I copy.

1 answer

0 votes

Thanks for your message Subhash!

Yes, that's the expected behavior at the moment. I'll let my team know you'd be interested in having only unselected items copied, instead of the checklist as a whole. What I can recommend for now, is that you use the Card Repeater Power-Up, which will create a new card on your board on a recurring basis. You can add a checklist template there with only the items that need to be copied every time. Would that be helpful? You can add Power-Ups from your board's menu, by clicking on the "Power-Ups" button.

Cheers!

Thanks Marta for the response. The Repeater power-up seems to be powerful. It does help getting the card repeated automatically. I am not able to find a documentation about how to use checklist template so if you can help with that? But from the description sounds like it would be helpful for repetitive things, whereas I am more interested in things that I added just yesterday to my TO-DO and couldn't finish so those should be available on the next day card along with any new items I may want to add. It would be great if that feature can be added. I will look forward for that.

Great job by the team on making trello super duper so far!

Sujith I'm New Here Jul 27, 2020

Hey @Marta Galofre de Alos Is this functionality up yet, I am really having a hard time editing all the unwanted items in the copy cards I create

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

764 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you