Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy checklist item as a card

Deleted user February 11, 2021

Hi team!

Now at checklist functionality we have option to transform checklist item to card, which creates a card and deletes an item of checklist.

Is there a functionality (at butler for example, but I didn't found it there) not to transform checklist item but to copy?

See, what am I trying to do is like having a big card with checklist, like project overview, and checklist items as tasks that we have to do. And when time comes, would be great to click to that item and make a card out of it, but keeping the item 

And it would be nice to track the progress - like task is done, and checklist item is checked (that  I can do manually, this is only for description)

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user February 12, 2021

Thanks for the answers, for now I don't fully undeerstand the solutions, but I'm gonna dig into it

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

@[deleted] 

A card converted from a checklist item does not contain any information that can traced back to the card, nor the checklist from which it existed prior to conversion as a checklist item. The card name and perhaps the due date and assignment are taken from the item. It is also not economically to use the limited Butler entitlement to try to recreate the item. 

However, it does not have a place in doing what you had wanted. Checklist items that are links to a card and its subtask cards, can be a useful tool to ensure work and processes can be repeatedly created for team members to work on. 

See

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-discussions/Sprint-Lanes/m-p/1597386#M1636

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events