Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy board to different workspace

Kate April 28, 2021

Hello. I have a board I created in another account that is fully functioning with a team and I don't want to move it, however I want to be able to create a copy or template so I can further develop the structure. Am I able to do this without making any changes to the board in its current workspace?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Kate 👋

Welcome to the Community! So, it depends on your current Trello plan but there is an option to make the board you're talking about a template....

"Within Trello Business Class and Enterprise Workspaces, boards of all visibilities can be turned into templates. Additionally, any public board can be converted to a template so that others in the Trello community can benefit from tried-and-tested workflows. From the Board Menu, select More and then select Make template. (You must be an admin of the board to see this option.) Turning the board into a template will hide comments and activity, but members will remain on the template."

Read more here >> https://help.trello.com/article/1187-creating-template-boards

I hope this helps but always here if you have any other questions!

All the best,

Laura

Kate May 1, 2021

Thank you Laura 👍

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021
Kate May 1, 2021

Thanks Vero for the help!

Like Vero Rivas likes this
0 votes
David June 18, 2021

Hello,

I am in a similar situation and I'm not sure the answers provided fully solve my issue. 

I have been invited to a board that I have not created. other people from my organisation are part of this board that we use to track project progresses. I have an enterprise workspace.

I have been given the task to make this board "better". In order to do this I need to try few things to see if they work and I don't want to mess with the original board too much or make any change that will be reflected on the original board without me controlling it. This is why I was hoping to be able to make a copy of the board on to my workspace and be the only one to be able to see it or work on it until I have something I am happy to release/implement on the original board. I don't particularly want to make a template or move the board or change anything to it I just want a copy.

Is it possible to simply do a copy from workspace 1 (shared workspace) and paste it to workspace 2 (my workspace) and be the only person to see/edit that copy?

Thanks,

David

Kerry Draper March 25, 2023

I'm in the same boat and don't see an answer to this question :( 

Kerry Draper March 25, 2023

Found the answer on a different page...

Open the Board. Located on the right upper side of the board is a menu. Click it and then click 'more'. You'll see 'copy board' there. Follow the prompts on where you want to copy it too. 

Like # people like this
Christian R August 11, 2023

thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events