Change the due date on a card on one board based on a card on a different board

Christiana Knais January 17, 2021

0Hi ALL

I have the following two boards

1. One board with seminars

2. One board that deals with the subsidization of seminars. We apply for subsidization four weeks prior to the start date of the seminar

So I need the following:

When a seminar is added on board one (the seminars board) a linked card is added on board B (the subsidy board) and the due date on that card is four weeks before the due date of the first card. Please note that the first card has custom fields that ideally should be linked to the same custom field of the second card. So if there is a change on the due date of the first card, the second changes automatically

Does anyone knows if this is possible?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

@Christiana Knais 

This has been raised several times in the past week. So far I have been able to do it natively. Unito might be one power up that can.

For a client project, I have help him to embed a solution with Butler Http Request to a add-on solution specifically for due dates. 
More recently, created another for updating checklist item due dates based on other dates on the card including CF with the ability to have progressive incremental days in between. 
If your requirement is business critical, contact me directly. (See my profile)

Christiana Knais January 17, 2021

Hi and thanks

I have the business version of Unito. I don't think you can do this. You can do mirroring but not changes in dates. Trello support actually argues that it can be done and provided a solution. So far the solution did not work

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

@Christiana Knais 

Thanks for the heads up on Unito for this use case. Would you be able to post or send over via mail the solution that Trello support recommended. I do always recommend that using Trello native capabilities as far as you can. 
So far, I have not found a way and hence I created the capability and one of my client is using it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events