Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card sync

dimanudel March 3, 2024

I've read about this in the community, but I need to ask again: Are there any low-cost solutions for syncing cards between boards? Unito isn't an option.

However, I'd like to hear from Atlassian why they haven't included such a basic feature in their product. It doesn't make sense to pay more for a third-party power-up than for the enterprise subscription. Without it, Trello is just a simple task app.

2 answers

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2024

Hi @dimanudel 

Atlassian was looking into this many years ago but it never happened, I understand the engineering effort to make it work with a high level of user experience was too much...

Unito is an incredible power-up, unique in the sense it manages true 2-way mirroring. However, it is really silly expensive.  I would use it if I could afford to!

That said, I have been building some really advanced solutions for many many years and not needed it.  Most of what I do is done purely with Trello automation.  If it can't be done that way I sometimes dip into using something like make.com but it is very rare.

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/synchronizing-cards/ 

dimanudel March 5, 2024

Thank you @Dreamsuite Mike for your answer. 

I must admit, I don't fully grasp your response. It appears that someone is aware of a need but chooses to ignore it.

In my opinion, the overpricing of the third-party app highlights the significance of this essential feature.

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 4, 2024

Hi @dimanudel 

It's Mary from Planyway for Trello

What's the goal of card sync for you?
If you're looking for the way to view cards across boards, then you may try multi-board view available in Planyway that let you connect several boards to a single view (calendar, timeline) and manage them together. Feature image

dimanudel March 5, 2024

Thank you Mary. I'll look into it. 

Im wont the any change that made in one card on board will reflected on different board.

For exmple, the card on team board will sync with my personal task board.

Like Maria likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events