Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you export checklists as row entries to Excel

Christian Kellner May 19, 2020

I have a question regarding the Excel export functionality. Can you export checklists of individual Trello cards so that you have a row entry in Excel for each checklist item? Currently, the Excel export function only creates row entries per card but not per checklist item of a single card.

Example:

Checklist of a Trello card:

-a

-b

-c

I want one row per each checklist item.

I found Trello Export as a Chrome extension. Does this tool work for this purpose or better, is there an in-built functionalities for this purpose within Trello?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Christian

2 answers

1 vote
Christian Kellner May 20, 2020

I need Excel. It should work like the below example.2.jpg1.jpg

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

@Christian Kellner you can download any Google Sheet as an excel document. But you can also just write your own API functions to export to whatever format you want (or hire someone on Upwork to do that for you).

Like Antonio Panea likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

@Christian Kellner If you wanted to get a "snapshot" of a card that contains all checklist items you might prefer to print the card as a PDF (by clicking the "Share" button).

You can also use the API to create any sort of custom export you like, this Trellinator function would export card link/title followed by Checklist names/items:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/fd7f5fe9f4bf55ba7c394b181d172f95

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events