Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find the Filter function

Joel Bancroft-Connors
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2019

This help article: https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board tells you how to use the Filter feature. 

Only problem I have is that when I go to my menu, there is no Filter button. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2019

@Joel Bancroft-Connors is this on the desktop or web app?

Some things to check:

1) Are you looking at a board, or are you looking at the home, boards or cards views? The filter option only shows in the board menu, not in any other screen in Trello

2) Are you clicking your profile/settings menu instead of the board menu? The board menu is a link in the top right that says "Show menu". Sometimes this is hard to see if the background image on a board is light. If you're having trouble seeing it, you can hit the "w" key to show/hide this instead of clicking it

3) Do you already have another menu function open? If so you need to hit the <- arrow at the top to go back.

4) If you're on the web or desktop app, instead of going into the menu and clicking the filter button, you can just hit the "f" key which opens the filter

5) If this is on the mobile or tablet apps then the filter is up the top of the screen when looking at a board, with a little magnifying glass icon, not in the board menu

Let me know if that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events