Can't access Custom Fields

Tim Shaw September 17, 2021

I want to enable Custom Fields on a board, but it is grayed out and I can't figure out how I can enable it. It isn't clear why it should be grayed out, since it is free and part of core now, right? Any ideas? Something to do with the coming change of subscription levels?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2021

Hey Tim, I'm guessing you've found the answer that Custom Fields is now only available to Standard or up subscriptions. If you already had the old Custom Fields power-up enabled on a board, you will still be able to access this. If you don't wish to upgrade, some third-parties have developed free power-ups that may be able to assist such as Smart Fields or Amazing Fields.

Kevin Zuniaga NHP December 12, 2021

Hi @Alex Waite 

Those are options but limited for FREE version. The required to become a "supporter" for full access. Any other suggestions?

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Kevin Zuniaga NHP, as a member of the Trello Support team, the only options I'm aware of is using a third-party Power-Up such as Smart Fields or Amazing Fields (which may incur charges) or upgrading to at least Standard to get access to Custom Fields. 

Smart Fields has a free and pro plan but Amazing Fields seems to be completely free. 

Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2021

@Kevin Zuniaga NHP  Amazing Fields is free for an unlimited number of fields and boards for basic fields and decorations.  There are a couple of advanced features like exporting that require you to be a supporter but it sounds like you would be well covered by the free capabilities.

Like Alex Waite likes this
2 votes
Tim Shaw September 17, 2021

Nevermind - found answer

Kevin Zuniaga NHP December 12, 2021

Hi Tim,

What are you using now to replace Custom Fields?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events