Can i create an alert/notification for everyday is some task is not completed.

Steven Sawyer Jr September 23, 2019

Hi, I am using Trello with my team for our projects. But i'm wondering if i can use it for other emergency issues.

Every day we have guys who go out to work. I need to know if they are back at the office at the end of the day, so I just want to receive a notification if they are not back. Maybe something to complete like a card to click, and when they click a deadline of the alert is reported to the next day ?
And is it possible to have something pre-configured like, i have to come back at 6pm, so one guy receive a notification at this hour to click on the app and say i'm ok, and send a notification to me after 1.5 hours if he didn't. So each time i just have to choose the hour of return and the rest would be automatic.
I know it's very specific, maybe Trello is not the adequate app to do it.
If you have ideas, i would be very thankful for your help.

Kind regards,

Steven.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

@Steven Sawyer Jr I think you should be able to do this with the Butler power up. @Katrin Anger is more familiar with the power up than I am but something like:

The moment a card is due post comment "@card hey can you please mark the due date complete if you're back in the office?"

and:

1.5 hours after a card is due post comment "@yourusername hey this wasn't marked as complete"

I'm pretty sure the due date trigger won't fire if the due date has been marked as complete, but even if that's not the case you could do something like:

The moment a card in list "Pending" is due post comment "@yourusername hey this wasn't moved to the arrived list"

then the guys would just move the card to the "Arrived" list when they come back to the office and you'd only get notified if they hadn't done it.

This is also something you could automate with Trellinator if you can't get what you need out of Butler but you'd need a coder to do it:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events