Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I limit some users to adding comments only

Robert Levy April 3, 2023

Is there a way to limit some users to adding comments but restrict them from adding new cards?

I have some users who think the Trello board is their personal to-do list so I want to restrict new cards to Project Management only.

Any Idea will help.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Angelique Goetz April 4, 2023

If it's a specific person you don't want to have the ability to add cards, you can change their permission level to observer. It limits them to making comments and not much else.

1 vote
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Yes, you can limit some users to adding comments but restrict them from adding new cards on a Trello board. This can be done by changing the commenting permissions for the board. To do this, go to the board menu, click "More," and then select "Settings." Under "Commenting permissions," you can select who is allowed to comment on the board: no one, just board members, board members and observers, all Workspace members (whether or not they are board members), or any Trello user. Select "Board members and observers" to allow them to add comments but not cards. Additionally, to restrict new cards to Project Management only, you can create a specific list for those cards and make it private or only accessible to certain members. You can also limit who is able to join the board by going to board settings, clicking "More," and then selecting "Settings." Make sure that "Allow Workspace Members to Join" is unchecked. This will prevent users from adding themselves to the board and creating new cards.

Robert Levy April 25, 2023

Thanks for all the tips.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events