Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I limit Trello usage within our domain?

Thomas Björklund July 6, 2020

Let's say we have 300 users in Jira and Confluence, but I only want HR to be able to use Trello. 

Can I get just 8 licenses to Trello and limit EVERYONE else to just use Jira and Confluence? I don't want them to end up in Trello eating up licenses. 

Is there maybe a way to have a gatekeeper option when someone within our domain logs in to Trello? Default access is a free account, and they would need to go through approval for a business level account.

please help.

2 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2020

@Thomas Björklund If you’re talking about business class, then you’ll need to invite specific people you want to join. People won’t be able to join unless you send them an invite/link so this will prevent just anyone from being able to join. Does that help?

Thomas Björklund July 6, 2020

Thank you. 

We currently don't have Business class, I'm assuming business class would be turned on for all 300 in my example. 

To your point, 
Yes, that sounds great. I would like my project board within trello to be private/invite only. But, can anyone within my company do the same? make their own private boards? that's what I want to prevent. 

I only want business class for a select team. that's it. 

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

There are a few different ways to approach this.

First, you can claim your domain.

Then you could purchase Atlassian Access to control the authentication and security of the accounts on the domain.  This would allow you to control Access to JSW/Confluence/Trello etc.

Lastly, on the Trello side, you can pick and choose who you want to pay for Trello Business Class or Trello Enterprise for - everyone else on your domain would be a free Trello user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events