Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I filter specific columns instead of the entire board?

joe.nelson@trane.com April 2, 2019

I don't want any filters on the first column, however I'd like to place a filter on the rest of the columns on the board. 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

joe.nelson@trane.com nope, filters only apply to the board.

What are you trying to achieve? There might be another way ... 

joe.nelson@trane.com April 4, 2019

We treat our column on the far left as an Inbox. There is a team of us that then gets assigned jobs and our names are tagged on the card. Our board is starting to get crowded, so we would like to see our tasks but not everyone else’s. However everyone does need to see the column on the far left. 

Thank you for your help. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

joe.nelson@trane.com if you add members to cards then you can filter the board to see only those members' cards, and each member can easily filter to show only their own cards (with the handy "q" keyboard shortcut toggling between all cards or just your own):

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

When you filter cards by member, any unassigned cards in the Inbox column will also not show, but there's no good way to hide them from view at all until they're assigned (since putting them on a different board would necessitate assigning by some other mechanism like dragging to a list or adding a label which would then require that you keep a list of labels/lists synched with board members on the other board and blah blah blah you get the idea ;)

If you wanted to have that "Inbox" list not so obviously in everyone's way, another option would just be to stick it over on the right.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events