Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTRL-F bug on Windows desktop app

Arianna August 4, 2021

With Trello desktop app on Windows (version 2.12.3), I can't use the CTRL-F for searching text.

Previously, I could find text in a card without any problem.

Now when I use the CTRL-F shortcut (or alternatively I go through the menu Edit>Find) the search box opens on the top-center position, I can type some text in it but I never get results, even if I am in a card containing the searched text.

Furthermore, the "search box" seems to be blocked and I can't even close it by clicking on the x.

2 answers

0 votes
Trasom Admin August 5, 2021

Have you ever tried Trello's other search/filter engine, by pressing solely F or going to "Show Menu">"Search cards"? That is a great functionality!

Arianna August 6, 2021

Thanks, I knew it, my question was about the CTRL-F because in some cases is also useful to find text directly in a card, and I was wondering why this stopped to work

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

I noticed there was an issue with Trello Search functionality a few days ago - maybe there are still some issues with that that haven't been resolved? 

Arianna August 6, 2021

Yes, the issue could be related also to desktop app. I hope it will be fix asap!

Deleted user August 10, 2021

This hasn't worked for over 2 weeks now.

This desktop app makes 0 sense without the ctrl F function.
I need to search WITHIN my cards to find certain content quickly.

Can you please get this fixed?

Like Arianna likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events