cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Edit

Rules Shop April 13, 2020

Hi!

I use Trello for my employees.

I need to create a card in which the employee can check the task when it has been completed but cannot edit anything else, so that he cannot delete tasks to perform.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

@Rules Shop if you make a board team viewable then you can set the permissions so that people can comment and see the board but can't change anything on it.

Alvaro Marin Perez April 14, 2020

I think I have not explained well.
For example:
my boss puts 5 tasks on my board.
He wants me to be unable to modify those tasks, but he wants me to check with them when they are finished.
Is this possible?
Thank you

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2020

@Alvaro Marin Perez You could have a single board where tasks are created which is team viewable but which people are not members of. Your boss can creates cards there, and then when he adds a label with someone's username a linked card is created in their board. When they archive the board, a comment is posted on the source card letting your boss know the work is completed. This could be done using Butler. Here's an example of the first part of the command:

2020-04-15 at 7.38 pm.pngThen from each person's board, you have a command like this:

2020-04-15 at 7.40 pm.png

Alvaro Marin Perez April 15, 2020

I am trying to do what you have explained to me but I cannot get it, since my boss adds a task but I can edit it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events