Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid login twice with Trello and Atlassian account

L. Mos March 31, 2020

Hello,

I had to create an Atlassian account for Trello but now when I open the URL of my board, I click the link to login, then I need to log with my Trello account, then I need to validate that I want to log with the Atlassian account of the same email and enter my Atlassian password. That's a lot of steps for nothing. How to get a URL to login directly with the Atlassian account and then it redirect automatically to my board?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
L. Mos May 17, 2020

Here is how I saved some time. After the login with the Trello account from the direct URL of one of my board, I end up on a second login for the Atlassian account but here my email is already filled. So I added the URL of this page to my favorite and now I just need to enter the password (I mean, trigger the password filling from my password manager of course).

4 votes
BP May 17, 2020

This is infuriating UX. A product that is all about productivity, and a user flow that takes you around in circles just to login.

pv7834556 October 29, 2021

Irony

Like Hamish More likes this
0 votes
Stefan Walluhn February 4, 2022

It's even getting worse. Next loop, three password prompts, when entering a board:

1. Trello Login, with an URL to redirect you to the trello board you tried to access

2. (instead) Redirect to Atlassian, which instantly redirects to Trello Login a second time

3. Atlassian Login (now we go!)

4. 2FA (we love this workflow)

5. Trello default landing page

6. Search my board ... again

7. There we are!!!

0 votes
Deleted user May 24, 2021

This feature is enough to make me delete my account. Thousands of sites allow login automatically in your device. If I have to check the mail every time, I'm just not using it.

It's OK if someone wants to do this, but make this feature optional.

0 votes
Flo Jo January 7, 2021

I have a similar problem for month now.I access trello via trello.com.

Ever since creating an atalassian account (which I was begged to do on every login for a few month before that), now I have to login twice when accessing trello.com:

The first login is for atlassian, the second for trello.

I thought it might be bug and will be ironed out soon. But it persists.

Please, why do you do this? Don´t you do software professionally?

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Hi L,

I can certainly understand wanting to have a more streamlined process to get right to your boards. Currently this is expected, but I'll share your thoughts on these steps with the team for consideration. 

One option in the meantime, is to instead login at id.atlassian.com which will bring you to your Atlassian account page. There, you'll see a Trello link that you can click to go right to your boards page.

Not quite the same as going directly to your board but hopefully that will help speed things up!

Dave November 8, 2020

It's not the same at all. BP's comment is spot on. There needs to be a way to log directly into a trello board.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events