cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation + Advanced Checklist for Assignee

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

Hey everyone,

So here's the issue.

I want to create a card button so that when we press it, it turns all the items in a specific checklist into linked items in another list.

CleanShot 2022-03-03 at 21.42.03@2x.png

So far so good and it's working.

But I can't for the life of me work out how to assign the person the original checklist item was assigned to, to the new card. 

Ideally, I'd love to be able to assign [me/colleague] to the new (linked) card based on the checklist as well as [the date on the checklist] being parsed into the new (linked) card as well, but as I said, this is eluding me!

I've checked this article, but that's about dependent due dates in advanced checklists, and I can't see anywhere else in the Community that this question has been asked!

The only way that potentially I can see around this (if it can't be done all in one button), would be to @-mention the person in the card when it's moved, and then have another automation pick that up and assign that person.

Has anyone got any ideas?! If this can't be done, let me know that too!

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2022

Hi Esme,

Unfortunately we don't have a way to do this currently. As you described, we'd need some sort of variable which picks up the value that is stored for the due date or the member on the checklist item. We don't have this variable available currently, but I've added your vote to the feature request as something you'd like to see!

Thanks,

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events