Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically link cards when using another card URL as a checklist item?

Kent September 17, 2021

Hello- I am using Butler to automatically create linked cards from tasks and find this feature very helpful for some of our team's projects. However, for our projects that change frequently as we go, we would like to have a little more flexibility over which items are linked/converted. Our solution has been to first create a card and use that card's link to create a checklist item of the same name. The issue we run into is that the original card (the one whose link we used to create the checklist item) is not attached automatically to the main card containing the checklists- so when the card whose link we used to create the checklist item is marked "done", the checklist item is not also crossed off. What is the best way to achieve this? I have tried several Butler automations and nothing is working. Again, I am already using a card button to automatically convert all tasks and I am familiar with the automation to automatically convert any new addition to the checklist as a linked card. Neither of these solutions is helpful in these situations. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2021

@Kent 

Definitely possible. Doing it for a law firm client. It depends on the method you used to associate the task to subtask and your naming convention. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events