Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-populate Due Dates

Krista Grassi June 15, 2019

I'm trying to figure out if Butler can auto-populate my due dates (so I don't have to manually adjust those each month)....

I have a set list of items that need to happen each month.  I've created a "template" list containing those cards for each activity.  I have Butler set-up to copy over all those cards into a new list at the 1st of each month.  This part is working.

Next, I would like to have Butler then enter in the due dates for each card once they are copied into that new "working" list for the month (which vary based on the activity)....and I think I need to use some sort of command, but nothing seems to be working.  For example, Card A needs to be due 1st of Month plus 5 days....Card B due 1st of Month plus 10 days....etc etc.  Is there an easy way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hey @Krista Grassi 

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to have a single command capture and set those due dates dynamically like that.

Instead, you'd need to have a command set for each card that updates the due date. In order to make sure Butler only changes those for specific cards, you can set a filter on the trigger to only occur for a card by name. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 3.15.33 PM.png

In order to set those filters, you'll need to enable the advanced slider when creating that rule. Let me know if that helps, or if you have any additional questions!

Krista Grassi June 18, 2019

Ah! ok...that makes sense...I think I can make that work in a way that will save me some time....I appreciate the feedback!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events