• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

As a private user: worth it/ possible to upgrade to business class for advanced checklist?

As a private user it worth it/ possible to upgrade from Gold to Business class for the advanced checklist feature? I am a PhD student using trello as a private Gold user since a couple of years, but would find it really useful to assign due dates for individual checklist items (each card on my to-do board represents a PhD chapter with the checklists covering the different sections). I understand the business class is really meant for teams - but what's your view on whether its worth it to upgrade? Any other fellow gold users / Phd students with views on this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 03, 2020

@Maximiliane You can create a team of one, and then upgrade that team to business class, which means you'll pay an extra $5 a month or something. Just be aware that boards not part of that team (personal boards) won't have advanced checklists and members of the boards who aren't on your team also won't have the feature. But it sounds like that's not going to be a concern, so you just to think "would I pay $5/month for the ability to add due dates to checklist items?" if yes: worth it, if no: not worth it :)

An alternative without upgrading is to use linked checklist items for sub-tasking:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Thanks so much - this is extremely helpful and just the answer I was looking for

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Jun 03, 2020

Hi @Maximiliane 

Welcome to the Community!

Just to add to @Iain Dooley's answer, I'm a solo user with Business Class. I had the free version for a few weeks, then Gold for about a week, then upgraded to BC, just for me. 

Personally, it was the Butler quota that made me want to upgrade to BC, because advanced checklists weren't a 'thing' when I upgraded. The jump from 200 Butler commands a month to 1200 was very enticing, hence why I upgraded!

I also like being able to upload anything and not worrying about the size (because of the size restrictions on the free version).

I pay $119+$24 a year, which is a bit of a jump from £44.99 a year for Gold. But personally, for me, it was well worth it! 2 months ago, I added another user, but for over 12 months I used BC solo. 

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth!

Esme :)

Like # people like this

Thanks so much @Esme Crutchley  this is a very useful insight. Happy to hear that it works out well for you! I might give it a try :)

Like Esme Crutchley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

817 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you