Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Update - Makes moving cards between list not possible

Grant Galloway November 24, 2021

Android 12 Update on my Samsung S21 has caused a split screen prompt to pop up every time I try to move cards between list. This has made Trello basically useless on my phone. I can not find a way to completely disable the split screen function on my phone. This started with the forced Android / Samsung update on Nov 22 2021

3 answers

1 vote
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2021

Hi y'll

This issue is caused by the latest Samsung update, which opens a split screen view when you drag your finger on your screen. We're investigating it currently and working on a fix at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

In the meantime, you can do the following to move cards in Trello:
# Open a card in the app
# In the card, press the three dots on the top right hand side of the screen
# Then press 'Move card'

I understand this is less convenient than dragging and dropping cards, but until we fix this bug, this is the only way to move cards on updated Samsung devices. :(

Hope you all have a good Xmas.

Dave Temple January 8, 2022

Any further updates on this challenge? I have an S21 and I'm still having this split screen issue when trying to drag tasks. Is a fix nearly here? 

1 vote
Grant Galloway November 24, 2021

Anyone else having this issue?

Tim Kington November 29, 2021

Yes, this is awful.

ava November 30, 2021

Yes, it is SO obnoxious and disruptive! I end up going to my PC to use Trello instead of my phone - so much faster. I'm using an S21 as well ...

Jennifer Hunnisett December 4, 2021

Yes, as you say its since the last android update, and it means that moving cards between lists causes split screen popups to appear and you are unable to drop the card into another list. Basically using trello now on my mobile phone is a non-starter. S21.

Shmaya Haskel December 5, 2021

Yes, having this issue too. For now i have to open the card and use the move to dropdown list to which column i want to move to. Hoping this gets resolved. 

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi @Grant Galloway 👋

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately, I'm on iPhone and I haven't spotted any other concerns over this at the moment so my recommendation would be to drop Trello support a message directly. They should be able to determine if this is a widespread issue or if an update on the App is required etc. 

To raise a support ticket go to https://trello.com/en-GB/contact#/

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events