Adding Attachment to a card WITHOUT adding Cover

Ann Schofield July 5, 2022

Hiya

When I attach a file to my Trello card, it appears as the cover - as well as being added as an Attachment.

How do I add an attachment to my card WITHOUT adding it as a Cover?

Thank you :)
Ann

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

Hi @Ann Schofield ! Welcome to the community :) It is possible to disable card covers in your board settings:

card covers setting.PNG 

This will turn it off for all cards in your board. If you're wanting to disable card covers for some cards, you'll need to remove the card cover at the individual card level:

remove card cover.PNG

Hi Hannah

I can't find this feature, maybe not available on the free version?

Please confirm. 

Screenshot 2022-07-06 094025.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2022

@Ann Schofield it should be there just under the regular board settings! The screenshot you shared is more about advanced restrictions/privileges that can be set at the workspace level.

To access your board settings, open your board>>select "Show Menu">>More...>>Board Settings.

board settings.PNG

More details here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/the-board-menu/

Hi Hannah

Great, thanks! I have found it now and can see how it works.

Covers look to be either ON or OFF.

My situation is that I like Covers to be ON in general - when I CHOOSE to use one. However, I want to know how to avoid a Cover being automatically generated every time I add an attachment to a card. Is it possible to control whether or not this occurs?

Alternatively, I could leave Covers OFF in general. And add them back in at the card level for the few times I want one.

Any further suggestions on how to manage this?

Thanks

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2022

It sounds like the way to go would be to leave them on. For the attachments you don't want to be covers, you'll just need to select "remove cover" at the individual card level. Not sure if there's a different way to approach this, sorry!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events