Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add checklist item when card is moved to a certain list

Deleted user January 24, 2022

I'm trying to create a rule where if a card is moved to the 'Blocked' list, Trello adds the tag 'blocked/urgent' and creates an item in the checklist 'Weekly Meeting Checklist' on a card in the Weekly Meeting board. 

It creates this checklist in the card being moved, but I can't seem to add it to a checklist on another card.

Is there anyway to add this as an item to an existing checklist on another card? 

when a card is added to list "Blocked" by anyone, add item "{triggercardlink}" to checklist "Weekly Meeting Checklist", and add the red "Blocked/Urgent" label to the card

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to Community!

Could you please try the following rule?

when a card is added to list "Blocked" by anyone, find a card titled "Weekly Meeting", and add item "{triggercardname}" to checklist "Weekly Meeting Checklist"

Here is what the Butler rule looks like:

butler.png

Let me know if it works for you,

- Manon

Deleted user January 24, 2022

That worked perfectly!!!! Thaaaaank you. 

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Great! I forgot to add the "Blocked/Urgent" label but I can see in your initial rule that you already made it work :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events