Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a trello card to a jira ticket

Katherine January 24, 2022

I've found lots of documentation on how to link a Jira ticket to a Trello card from within Trello. (It's great and we're using it).

Is there a way to connect a Trello card to a Jira ticket from within Jira?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katherine January 24, 2022

Thanks @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Our client success team works primarily in Trello, but we're rolling out a service desk to move some of their client communication from email to a ticketing system. I was looking for a way to tie tickets that come in from service desk to related cards in Trello (not duplicate between the two systems).

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Got it - thanks for clarifying! For the moment, there's no real way to attach Trello cards to Jira issues in the same way as the Trello power up. Now that Trello has been acquired by Jira, potentially a more seamless integration between the two tools might be planned. For the moment though, the only method I could see was to just attach the Trello card URL to the Jira issue, or just only attach things from the Trello side using the power up:

Jira Trello attach cards.PNG

Like Katherine likes this
0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hey @Katherine ! I don't believe there's a way to link a Trello card to a Jira issue from within Jira for the moment. Are you able to explain a bit your workflow between Trello and Jira? Are you currently creating Jira issues and then manually creating a matching Trello card, as well as creating Trello cards and then a matching Jira issue, and then manually linking them together using the Jira power up?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events