Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API to get card's email

Kristopher LaGreca October 9, 2019

Can't seem to find the API GET command to get a card's email address.  Is it in the object? checkItemStates >> email?

Thanks! Kris

Screenshot 2019-10-09 13.22.37.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

@Kristopher LaGreca you can't get that email address via the API. Are you trying to streamline the process of ensuring your email communications are captured in Trello?

Kristopher LaGreca October 10, 2019

ack! that's going to be a show-stopper. We're building a "helpdesk" workflow.

People outside our trello team are emailing in "requests" as new cards.  I'm capturing their email address in a custom field.  This part that I'm referring now is the ability to execute a function where we popup a form, write a reply, and then we send it back to the original requestor. 

If the original requestor wants to reply, I want to use the card's email address as the "replyto" in the email header so that we keep the discussion in-context.

Any way I can get access to this value?

Thanks! Kris

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

@Kristopher LaGreca nup, there's no way to programatically access the card's email address. You have to manually copy it out and paste it into, eg. a custom field.

You might like this integration I created:

http://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

It also has a plugin called BenkoDesk that allows multiple Benko Board accounts to share a single email address on particular boards, replacing things like HelpScout or FreshDesk.

Kristopher LaGreca October 11, 2019

Hi Iain, Thanks! Just reached out to you directly via email.

Thanks, Kris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events