Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

A possible loop was detected

Hi, i have a button and rule. I have an error when press the button.

Button: add the purple "Task" label to the card

Rule: when the purple "Task" label is added to a card, send an email notification to every member on the card with subject "Subject" and message "Message", and remove the purple "Task"

Error:

Butler could not run your rule.

A possible loop was detected.

A loop occurs when the actions of one command cause another command to trigger, and this other command in turn causes the first one to trigger again, and so on, potentially creating an infinite cycle. In more complex scenarios, multiple commands are involved, or even the commands of multiple users bouncing against each other. The current run of the command was halted as a precaution to avoid this, but it may occur again in the future. Please, revise your commands and disable any conflicting ones.

P.S.

All other rules and buttons are disabled. I press button 4 times: 3 times succesfull and 1 time error. What's wrong with it???

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Waite Atlassian Team Nov 02, 2021

Hey @maks ivanov - I can see you also raised a ticket in Trello Support about this issue, and my team mate, Cody, has replied. He'll be able to figure out this issue with you and do some troubleshooting! 

Thanks, Alex, i have sent my reply to Cody 5 min. ago.

Like Alex Waite likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,398 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you