cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Collaborator Limit for Free Trello Workspaces

325 comments

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

@Andrijana Jokic Both Workspace members and guests count as collaborators, but only Workspace members are also admins. You can add a guest to multiple boards without making them members of the Workspace.

Like Andrijana Jokic likes this
Casey Umhoefer April 1, 2024

@Caity Thank you - it would be incredibly helpful for those of us trying to transition over to be able to export things more easily. 

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

@Victoria Camron It sounds like those users may not actually be members of the board. Try going to the board and clicking on the "Share" button and then looking for those the name of the guest. It should say "Member" next to it. If you see "Observers," you can change it to "Member" and then they should be able to edit the board. This will only make them a member of the board and not a member of the Workspace itself.

Caity
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2024

@uli You can see in advance how much it would cost to upgrade your Workspace by going to the Workspace billing page. To navigate there, click on the down arrow next to "Workspace settings" in the sidebar, as shown in the screenshot below, and then click on "Upgrade workspace." You'll be able to switch between monthly and annual billing on that page to see how much each option would cost for either Trello Premium or Trello Standard.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 3.55.30 PM (2).png

The price shown on this page will not take into account the non-profit discount.

As for adding new Workspace members or multi-board guests, yes, they would increase the bill. If you remove a billable user, however, that will leave an empty seat that can be filled by adding someone else at no cost.

Claudio Solórzano
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

Hello!

We are a company that uses multiple accounts, workspaces and boards for our business. We would like som advice on how to best use Trello with the new rules that apply from the 8th april.

1. Is it correct that we will be able to use our workspaces as normal for all of april? (except adding new members and guests to them)

2. How do we get access to the new admin function?

3. Do we have a master admin account for our company? That include all personal accounts.

4. As we understand it is better to have multiple boards under one workspace, rather than having some boards under multiple workspaces? What do you reccomend cost-wise?

Like Neil S likes this
Kristina Marie Sprinkles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

A little bummed that Trello is changing but I would love to continue using it for my team and still have little to no cost! We have around 48 users and each user is on at least 2 boards but we have multiple Workspaces. I am interested to see how we can still utilize Trello 

Like # people like this
JD Library
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 2, 2024

Good Afternoon,

Is there a contact to directly request a quote from?

I completed and submitted the form on the contact page but have not received a response.

I work for a University Library and purchasing will require an official quote for processing.

Thank you.

Like # people like this
yi hoong ho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 2, 2024

Hi. I have 1 workspace with 1 board with 4 members and 52 guests on it. How am I billed?

Like Imran_Ahmed likes this
Cristian Suarez April 3, 2024

@Caity If i only need 3 people who can edit the trello cards/boards and an unlimited amount of people just to view the card. Do I need to worry about this update?

Victoria Ennser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Hello, 
in our company we (9 users) use one workspace with multiple boards. So we are 3 admins and 6 multi board guests.
Unfortunately it is not clear for me how much we have to pay or how much users have to get the upgrade to the standard category or do we only have to get the standard upgrade for our workspace an thats it? 
Can somebody please help me? 

Thanks in advance. 

Lynn Shoop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Clarification please, to keep the workspace free, it's 9 or less collaborators, and once you hit the 10th collaborator, it becomes a premium account or will be rendered 'read only' on 5/20. Do I understand that correctly?

Some of the language makes it unclear. 

You say under the April 8th deadline: if your workspace "already has 10 or more collaborators", and you say under the May 20th deadline: if your free Trello Workspace has more than 10 collaborators

I read '10 or more' to include the 10th person, and I read 'more than ten' to mean starting with the 11th person. 

I have a full staff that I need to explain all this to, so the clearer the better.

Thanks 

Lynn Shoop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

More questions:

I have a premium account for my own workspace. How many collaborators are included in the premium workspace? 

And, if I join another's free workspace, because I have a premium account, do I count as one of the ten limit?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi @Lynn Shoop 

All of Trello's billing and quota's happen at the workspace level, so you don't have a premium account, you have a premium workspace.

For your premium workspace, you have the ability for unlimited collaborators.

Note: Workspace members and Multi-board guests (those on more than 1 board in the workspace) are chargeable

For the reason above, if you join another free Trello workspace, you will count towards the collaborator limit

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

@Lynn Shoop 

Replying to your previous question:

Clarification please, to keep the workspace free, it's 9 or less collaborators, and once you hit the 10th collaborator, it becomes a premium account or will be rendered 'read only' on 5/20. Do I understand that correctly?

After May 20th, if your workspace still has >10 collaborators it will become read only until you bring it down to 10 collaborators or less.

There is no automatic upgrade to premium, if you want to avoid the collaborator limit, you can choose to upgrade by it is entirely your choice.

Some of the language makes it unclear. 

You say under the April 8th deadline: if your workspace "already has 10 or more collaborators", and you say under the May 20th deadline: if your free Trello Workspace has more than 10 collaborators

I read '10 or more' to include the 10th person, and I read 'more than ten' to mean starting with the 11th person. 

This language is correct.

If you have 10 collaborators, after April 8th, you can't add any more.  But at this time you could have more than 10 (for example you could have 15), the result is still the same, you can't add anyone new.

After May 20th, your workspace will become read-only if and only if you exceed the limit of 10 (e.g. 11 or more....)

I have a full staff that I need to explain all this to, so the clearer the better.

Like Lynn Shoop likes this
Josué Vitor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Hello,

in an educational standard version, is it possible to have users in a workspace that are internal and external to the institution?

In a standard educational version, is it possible to have users in a workspace that are internal and others that are external to the organization? Or does the educational version only accept users with the institution's email address?
Neil S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Been following all this since the notice of changes. Massively unclear and disappointing. Means considerable effort for many of us extensive Trello users, particulalry admins who manage the setups for multiple implementations. In my case, entirely for charities, community groups and other not-for-profits. There are ZERO funds to pay for subscriptions. I need to fnd a way to restructure members, teams, boards, workspaces and admins to avoid ANY costs. All help gratefully accepted - advice, resources, links..

Dina Smith April 4, 2024

@Caity  When will the new tools referred to in this previous comment be available?  If they already are, can you point me to instructions for them please? 

Minjong Baek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

Hello.

• Company A and Company B both use Trello, each with one workspace and board.
  • Company A = Workspace A has 8 members, operates 1 board, and has 50 guests.
  • Comapany B =Workspace B has 5 members, operates 1 board, and has 50 guests.
  • All 50 guests are the same individuals who are using Workspaces A and B.
  • Workspaces A and B have been upgraded to Standard/Premium
  • There are 2 boards used by the 50 guests, but they belong to different workspaces. (1 Workspaces 1Board)

Q1. Do the 50 guests need to pay for the cost?

Q2. Companies A and B are corporate entities. Is it acceptable for them to use Standard or Premium plans instead of the 'Enterprise' plan?

Q3. If A and B companies apply the Standard plan, do they only need to pay $5?

Cristian Suarez April 5, 2024

@Dreamsuite Mike Question! So let me get this straight

After April 8th, (assuming I'm under 10 ppl with both gusest and workspace memebrs combined) Trello won't let us invite any more people. THEN, after May 20th, anyone after the 10 ppl will have only have view-only access. Is that correct?

Caity
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024
Caity
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024

@Cristian Suarez On April 8, if you have 10 or more people (members and guests combined) in your free Workspace, you won't be able to add anyone else.

On May 20, if you still have more than 10 people in the free Workspace, the boards will be read only for everyone. Not just for the people who joined after the first 10.

Caity
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024

@Minjong Baek 

Q1. Do the 50 guests need to pay for the cost?

No, because the guests are only on a single board within each Workspace. There's no charge for single-board guests. It doesn't matter if they're also on boards in different Workspaces, because the billing is per Workspace.

Q2. Companies A and B are corporate entities. Is it acceptable for them to use Standard or Premium plans instead of the 'Enterprise' plan?

Yes, they can be on Standard or Premium.

Q3. If A and B companies apply the Standard plan, do they only need to pay $5?

It would be $5 per billable user. So, for company A, it would be 8 * $5 = $40, and for company B, it would be 5 * $5 = $25

@Caity So after May 20th, as long as we keep it below 10 ppl then we can still edit? And anything after 10 will cause EVERYONE to be ready only?

Caity
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024

@Cristian Suarez Yes, that's correct. Exactly 10 people is also fine.

@Caity And what happens if we're under 10, but we have more than one board?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events