Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Jira in Virtual Reality for Scrum ceremonies Edited

Hi!

We are 5 developers and a product owner working on a social VR application designed for software developer teams in distributed settings.

Driven by the impact of the Covid19 pandemic, we at codecentric want to meet at least once a day for a couple of minutes in a more personal way than Zoom. We strongly believe that social VR applications are a great way and much more personal than video conferences – the best choice in times of social distancing.

Currently, our Daily Scrum meetings are in Zoom, sharing the JIRA Taskboard. If we want to make a VR meeting efficient, we need our JIRA Taskboard in VR so we can update and comment development tasks during the Standup meeting.

Apart from working on the board, we also want to make the Daily Standup as much fun as possible, so we chose the metaphor of a strategic planning table with building blocks representing the JIRA issues. Just like the „Battle of Winterfell“ in Game of Thrones:

6153de5c44ba0490c00a52bc5e96a01995-21-war-planning.rhorizontal.w700We are working on it since begin of last year in our 20% time (1 day per week) and are already as far as having a working APK for Oculus Quest ready. We would love to find people who think this is a good idea and are willing to give us feedback - may it be here in a discussion thread or even as pre-alpha testers.

I am not sure if it is a good idea to start a thread like this here in the Atlassian Community, but it is currently the only way I can see to figure out if what we are building is only relevant to us or if there are more people out there who are interested.

Here's a short demo on YouTube (very early pre-alpha).

Update 25. Jan: now we have real data from our JIRA project!

I am looking forward to your replies and ideas!

Cheers,

Christian & Team

2 comments

It sounds awesome though I admit I'm having a hard time visualizing how it works. I'd love to see a video demo

Hey Shelly! Thanks for the feedback - we will work something out and share it! 

Wow - that is really cool. Will participants be able to see each other's faces and actual expressions in real-time? Or will just the avatars be visible?

By the way - I like how the size of the backlog item is relative to its size in Jira. I also like how you can throw the details up into the void for reference

Hey Shelly! Thanks for the feedback. seeing each others (real) faces is something that current technology does not allow (yet). I know companies like facebook are working on it but on the other hand:
Losing mimics when working with avatars is something that mostly people complain about who have never experienced a multiuser application in VR before (have you?). You gain so much by spatial audio and body language that not having mimics is overcompensated. Hearing the direction from where you are addressed and turning your head to someone.  Being able to point to something while talking to people. making typical gestures like shrugging, nodding or shaking your head or waving. And some standard animations for your avatar like blinking with your eyes or moving your lips while speaking are already in place. Believe me - you will love meeting in VR! ;-)

Like Shelly Anderson likes this

I'd be interested in using this with my team! I don't know if you've looked at spatial.io. Been trying that and immersed as well. It would be great to integrate the jira functionality you showed in your video with spatial.io as well!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Teamwork

What questions/topics do you have on organizational transformation?

Atlassian is looking for your questions on organizational transformation. We often talk about issues that affect our immediate teams or share best practices on relationship management. But, we ...

169 views 5 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you