How to create task with epic in new-gen project?

加藤敦 April 21, 2019

I'm irritated at the following step in new-gen project.

1. create a task
  2. assign epic to the task

I want to create a task with epic in same time.

In old-type project, I create URL to create task with some fields(title, epic, assignee etc.) already embedded like the following.

https://***.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=***&issuetype=***&summary=test&description=test&priority=3&reporter=****&assignee=***&customefield_***=***

in this URL, epic is "customefield_***=***"

What should be added to this URL to embed epic in new-gen project?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hello 加藤敦,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add Epics when creating a standard issue since the Epic Link field is not available on Next-gen projects yet, however, we are currently working to get it implemented.

To track our developer's progress, you can refer to the feature request below:

Next Gen project - ability to add Epic link when creating an issue

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Since the next-gen project is still a beta feature where our developers are still working to implement useful features like the one you mentioned, please check at that same portal if there is anything else you would like to get implemented and feel free to create new feature requests if you don't find anything related to your request.

Let me know if this information helps.

加藤敦 April 23, 2019

Thank you for your reply.

I voted the suggestion.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

You are welcome!

Have a nice day. :)

Suggest an answer