It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Slack endpoint support for Webhook Notifications?

Is there an ETA on when there will be Slack support? https://help.statuspage.io/knowledge_base/topics/webhook-notifications

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Trey Arnold thanks for the question! We don't have an ETA at this time. Curious if you can provide some additional context on your use case for this though, if you don't mind sharing? 

Jake - I can as I'm working with Trey as the Slack consumer.  We utilize lots of SaaS products, and one way we do that is via a Slack Channel where we use a variety of methods to receive status updates.  One of the methods is via Webhooks (others would be RSS and Twitter).  I've noticed with Statuspage, the Webhooks you provide do not work with Slack - which is odd as I thought this was a standard.  I've used your RSS feeds, and have noticed they are not nearly as quick as a webhook normally is.

Thanks @Craig Holland. I chatted with our product team about this and made sure a feature request was logged for this. This has come up a couple times in the past, and I definitely agree it would be useful. 

Your use case fits that of what I think a lot of people would like to use Statuspage for - easily consuming the status of a variety of service providers in a single place. It's possible you'll see some solutions around this in the future.

In the short term, without knowing full details on the amount of effort this would take, I'll do my best to champion this (slack endpoint suppport for webhooks) through the finish line. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Statuspage

Try our new Incident Communication Template Generator

Your customers need to know when your software isn't working as expected - but knowing what to say or how to say it isn't always easy, especially in the heat of the moment. To help make incide...

362 views 0 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you