Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

👋 Hi, I'm Philip, Head of Atlassian for Startups

👋 Hi Everyone,

My name is @Philip Braddock and I’m Atlassian’s new Head ofAtlassian for Startups. I am SUPER EXCITED!

But I am not new to Atlassian. I have actually been working here since May 2015 and have been fortunate enough to grow alongside the company. Over the past 9 years, I’ve held several roles – see screenshot below. Immediately prior to this, I was Portfolio Management Lead for Atlassian Ventures, where I spent every day working with startups in the Atlassian ecosystem.

And that is why, as I wrote above, I am SUPER EXCITED to help kick-ass startups leverage Atlassian’s tools as the backbone for their journeys from MVP to IPO! 🚀 🤩 🥳

But it’s not only the core Atlassian for Startups product offering that has me fired up. I am also really, really pumped to engage with folks in the Startups Community Group and to meet people at startup-focussed conferences and events, for example. Put differently, with the launch of Atlassian for Startups, we will be taking a holistic approach to demonstrate Atlassian’s ongoing commitment to the next generation of startups. Because in simple, Open-Company-No-BS terms, it’s never too early to start with Atlassian!

I don’t want this intro post to get too long but I do want to add a bit of fun before I go, so I’m going to wrap up with a quick game of Two Truths and a Lie.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 07.33.27.png

1. I competed in the finals of a New York City-wide spoken-word poetry contest at Madison Square Garden in 2007.
  2. When I was younger, I had three paying DJ gigs in San Francisco.

3. I have completed two triathlons.

So, that’s it for this post. But I will be back soon and often.

Keep an eye out for intro post from my legendary TEAMmate, @Annie Lu. Trust me, you won’t want to miss it! She’s amazing!

Lastly, if you have any questions about Atlassian for Startups, I invite you to share in the Comments section below. And if you happen to have a question that’s a bit more sensitive, do not hesitate to send us an email at startups@atlassian.com.

Let’s do this! 🙌

Philip

e3d6381b-e895-41ac-801f-11c749287b58.png

3 comments

Comment

Ralph Hofacker May 13, 2024

Hi Philip, thanks for the intro post. We as startups will surely leverage your vast experience in the Atlassian universe.
Maybe poetry and DJ gigs go together and the triathlon is the lie? If not, kudos to finishing two triathlons, quite impressive!

Like • # people like this
Darin - Opus Guard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2024

Congrats on the new role and the new team! I love the concept and hope for all the best!

Like • # people like this
Muhammad Faiz Mohd Hassan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 6, 2024

Hi Philips! Congrats on the new role! Faiz here from Cradle Fund,Malaysia. Would love to learn more on how a VC/Accelerator can apply to be atlassian vc/accelerator partner?

Thank you in advance!

Like • Suchee Ng likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events