problem with installing SourceTree

Dmitriy November 19, 2017

When installing the program SourceTree on my computer (Windows 7), there was a problem with the first start. The program's pop-up window is empty and there is no way to log into your account. How to solve this problem?

123.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Dmitriy November 23, 2017

Thanks for the help, but by the time I answered, I solved the problem myself in a different way.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi Dmitriy, this issue was reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. Our developers are rolling a fix, but if you haven't been prompted for the upgrade yet you can use the following workaround:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Note that in order to be in compliance with the Atlassian EULA you must ensure the email address used in the file is valid, yours and associated with a valid Atlassian account.

For the futurenote that if you do a search within the Atlassian Community first you might be able to find the solution to your problem much faster, as it might have already been asked by some other users :)

Let us know if you need any further assistance!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events