It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Windows SourceTree 2.4.8 git lfs does not work

Hello!

I am trying to use git lfs with Bitbucket. Everytime I set it up on my local PC git lfs just does not work. I get this: 

Capture.PNG

When I go to terminal and type git lfs track it tells me - track is not git command...

I found if I add git-extras to my path git lfs command start working but it hangs. Basically I type `git lfs track`, Enter and command never returns...

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2018

Hello! To help, I'll need some more information:

• Are you using embedded, or system git? (check Options > Git)
  • Which version of git and git-lfs does Sourcetree detect? You can check under "Git Version" under Options > Git
  • Have you tried switching to System Git (or Embedded Git if you're using System Git)?

Hi Mike,

I am using embedded Git:

I don't have system git installed.

a.PNG

Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2018

Could you try installing Git for Windows, and then click the "Use System Git" button (restart Sourcetree after installing, and then click it)?

Make sure the "Git LFS" checkbox is checked when it asks you to select components.

After doing that, can you try again and see if it works?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,970 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you