Will Sourcetree for Mac support Tabs for Repositories like in the windows version?

PZ August 22, 2013

Hello,

the windows version of sourcetree provides tabs for the repositories. This nice feautre is missing in the mac version.

Instead, there a several identical sourcetree windows, which I have to switch via "Window" from the Menu.

But I d love to see the nice 1-Windows solution with the tabs, which is already included in the windows version.

Thanks you for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2013

Hello there,

I've raised an Improvement request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1789

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

PZ August 25, 2013

Thanks Lucas, I voted for it ;-)

Hope some others will do so as well.

TristanBBQ June 8, 2015

+1 for that feature in! I've been using Sourcetree for at least the past 3 years and that's the only thing I would request for now! ASAP!

Umar Rasydan October 25, 2015

Hey @Lucas Lima [Atlassian] any update on this? Desperately need this feature :O

Deleted user November 24, 2015

I totally agree! +1 from me!!

Saurav Tapader January 29, 2016

switching from windows to mac, I badly miss this simple feature.

+1 from me. 

Pedro Castro May 16, 2016

+1

alexandrepalma1 July 19, 2016

I'd love such feature as well

TristanBBQ September 9, 2016

No longer required as it's now a built-in feature of macOS Sierra. Soon released for everyone for free.

4 votes
srikanth madarapu May 11, 2017

I still dont see the tab feature. I am on MacOS Sierra.

taskul May 24, 2017

1. Open at least two repositories in separate windows.
2. Window > Merge All Windows.

Like # people like this
Thomas Ferrer June 24, 2017

I don't see that option. Is this for mac?

kumaran ayyappan July 20, 2017

Thank you @taskul 

McFCologne July 18, 2018

Thanks for that tip! But one more anoying thing... do you know a way to make the text of the tabs right aligned? .. all of my projects names starts with something like org.acme. ... so now it cuts the rightmost text which contains the most useful info to identify the project ... the "..." should be at the left side 

Like Julio Bastida likes this
Manjeet November 27, 2019

Thank you @taskul for the easiest solution

rio-tech July 1, 2020

Thanks you @taskul I wonder why this is not default like in Windows version. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events