Why is it impossible to change your username in SourceTree?

I entered the wrong username when trying to do a Pull.  Every time I try to do a Pull, it prompts me for a password, but never for a username.  I've looked at dozens of posts online, and clicked through every menu I could find, and I've concluded that it is impossible to change your username.  Why???

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, I also am completely frozen out of Source Tree 2.2 on my Macbook. 

I installed SourceTree, entered an incorrect username, and now I can't change it.

Also, Preferences are disabled, clicking anything just makes a bell sound.

I've tried uninstalling, and there are no remnant config files that I can find. But after reinstalling, I still see my incorrect username, which I cannot change.

Help!

Alan

This widget could not be displayed.

Same, or at least similar problem here. One of my repos has a different username, but Sourcetree is only showing me the default. I go into setting for that repository and change username, but it isn't used when I try to pull. I tried editing the config file as well, no change.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

873 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you