It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What's with SourceTree 2.5.3 for Mac? Edited

On one of my Mac computers, SourceTree told me there was new version 2.5.3 (June 15) and I let it update. That installation shows v2.5.3(115). The Release History on that box shows 2.5.3 is the latest. On my other Mac computer, I have 2.5.2 and it sees no updates. The Release History on that box shows 2.5.2 is the latest.

What gives?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2017

This was discussed in detail on our blog in November.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2017

Hi Ralph! That's because we do staged upgrades. The date on which you can upgrade SourceTree will depend on which group your installation belongs. You can read about that and see how to change the group at Adding Staged Updates to SourceTree.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Ana

Got it. Thanks, Ana. Great piece of software. Rely on it daily.

Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jun 19, 2017

Really happy to hear that, Ralph :)

Have you faced any issues where the sourcetree on startup gives a message asking to upgrade to 2.5.1+ even though I am using 2.5.2 or 2.5.3?

No problems like that here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you