Unable to install SourceTree 2.0.20.1 via deployment

When I try to install SourceTree 2.0.20.1 via KACE I get a an error "Failed to extract file".  I am able to install manually without any issues however I need to push this out multiple users so manual installation isn't an option.  It appears to be a 7-Zip error.ST.gif

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Kathleen! This could be related to a couple of bugs that were already reported at SRCTREEWIN-6890 and SRCTREEWIN-6886. As a workaround you can use the 1.9.10.0 install until this gets fixed, it can be downloaded from https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.9.10.0.exe

Let us know if this solved the issue for you!

Regards,

Ana

Hi Anna,

Thank for your response.  Most of our users are on 1.9.10.0 but we received an email to upgrade to 2.0.20.1 based off a security advisory for versions prior to 2.0.20.1.  Are we okay to stay at 1.9.10.0?

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi Kathleen,

Regarding the security advisory, the fix has only been applied to versions 2.0 onwards so from a security standpoint our recommendation is that every user upgrades. However, in your message you mentioned that manual installation is not an option for you, in that case you'll need to consider how you want to proceed.

Apart from that, keep in mind that the only officially supported method is the individual installation.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

234 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot