Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect SourceTree to new bitbucket instance

Rick Dienel April 30, 2019

Previously my SourceTree app has been able to successfully connect to a local Gitlab server, using a gitlab generated token. When I attempted to do the same to our local BitBucket server, with a token from that server, get a message "Unable to connect to BitBucket Server with your credentials....."

See attached screenshots.

THanksErrorBB.png

[Edited to remove screenshots that contained sensitive information]

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2019

Hi Richard,

I can see in your screenshot a username and a very long password which seems to be a personal access token, is that correct? Are these the credentials you're trying to use to connect Sourcetree to Bitbucket Server?

Are those the same username and password you use to log in to your Bitbucket Server instance? If not, have you tried to use your personal credentials? Do you get any errors?

If those shown in the screenshots are your credentials, please change them as soon as possible as this is a public forum and anyone could have copied them. I've removed the screenshots from your message for your security.

For more information about using Bitbucket Server and Sourcetree, you can also see this article.

Let us know how that goes!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events