System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception.Class not registered

Anytime I try and open a code file in SourceTree (running on Windows 8.1) I get an Error Encountered Dialog with the message:

'Open file <filename>' failed with code -1:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Class not registered

Needless to say it doesn't open the file.  Is there a solution to this.  FWIW, I am running this on an x64 version of Windows 8.1 and the SourceTree version I have is 1.8.3.0

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Ah, it sounded like you were in File Explorer, trying to "Open with SourceTree".

SourceTree should try to launch whatever program Windows has registered as the "default" for that file type. Is it possible you don't have a default program for Python files? Or if you do, maybe the default program runs it, instead of editing it.

SourceTree can't open code files. What are you expecting to happen?

I expect it to open the file.  Why else would there be a right-click option to do so? (see screenshot below):

image2016-5-26 8:42:5.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

707 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you