Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree crash

Dim Entelis July 25, 2019

Guys, are you fucking serious?

I`m using sourcetree for the last 5 years, and with each release it becomes more and more buggy.

The last vesion 3.2.4 is crushing 3-5 times per day.

Some bugs (e.g https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-12165 ) are more than 2 years old.

I`m planing to send you to hell and migrate to github.

Stay alone.

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2019

Hello!

First, I understand you're frustrated, but being rude isn't going to make me work faster on fixing this issue. We do progressive rollouts of new versions for this exact reason.

Second, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-12165 isn't even an issue caused by Sourcetree -- it was an known issue with the git-credential-manager for windows that was fixed in under 2 weeks.

If you're seeing that problem then try reading some of the solutions we've posted about.

Finally, there are no "warnings" here: being rude to our developers will not be tolerated, nor will anyone at Github tolerate this behavior either. We run the community as a free service for our free product as a central way to interact and solve community problems.

Dim Entelis August 7, 2019

Hi Mike.

Sorry for some rudeness but I'm really angry.

What is "free product" you are talking about? We pay money for using bitbucket, and sourcetree is part of butbucket ecosystem.

All last week, Sourcetree was always crashing when I`m clicking"close branch" commit on history page. This is fixed in 3.2.5, but it took more then a week to fix. You think that it`s normal?

Pulling few hundreds of commit takes at least half a minute, instead of few seconds in github.

You were always speaking about your products like a business ready solution, but this is not right now.

Casey Strong October 31, 2019

lmao maybe some progress and basic testing would be great.... SourceTree is such garbage IDEK why I still try to make it work. I'm over it. I spend more time fixing it after you guys break it constantly.

0 votes
Jared Steffen October 15, 2019

I have the same issue and the solutions you've posted haven't helped me. The issue you linked to is from 2013 and it's still happening 6 years later. As I'm writing this, all the avatar thumbnails are broken links. If my company didn't require me to use your software, I'd be dropping this like the steaming pile it is. 

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2019

You’re having crashes, or just the repo avatar thumbnails are not working? Don’t want to use Sourcetree? Just hit the “terminal” button and run the commands yourself 🙂

Like iansari likes this
Dim Entelis October 16, 2019

- Bitbucket web interface
- sourcetree desktop app
- jira web interface
And it's happening to the whole team.
If you - as a representative of the Atlassian Team - really say "don't like our bugs - don't use our product", - well, it's strange for the company that charges for this "service" money.

Like Jared Steffen likes this
Jared Steffen October 16, 2019

I can't access my bitbucket repo via the terminal due to a different bug, so yeah....

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2019

@Jared Steffen: what errors are you receiving from ST and the terminal?

@Dim Entelis

• You can file a bug for Bitbucket here
  • You can file a bug for Jira here
  • If you're paying for Bitbucket or Jira, you can get support here
Like Dim Entelis likes this
Dim Entelis October 16, 2019

@Mike Corsaro Thank you Mike, the last link is the thing a was looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events